World's largest Ford collection sells in epic 10-hour auction!
Over 300 lots, more than 500 bidders, a sale total of 6 million euros and one car achieving seven times its estimate – all in a day's work at the Den Hartogh Collection...
Every single vehicle in the world's largest collection of Fords was sold on-site at the Den Hartogh Museum in the Netherlands on June 23, making €6,157,353.
The Bonhams auction, held by four auctioneers, lasted a marathon ten hours, resulting in a 100% sale of the more than 300 lots, consisting of everything Ford from 1900s tourers to snowmobiles. More than 500 people registered to bid, with successful bids coming in from countries as far afield as New Zealand and the US.
- Meanwhile in the USA... another huge Ford collection sells!
- Feel inspired? Here's how to buy a Ford Model T
- Classic Fords for sale
The ex-William F Harrah and Imperial Palace Collection 1905 Ford Model B Side Entrance Tonneau (above) inspired the longest bidding exchange of the sale, eventually achieving the world record price of €419,750, more than seven times its estimate.
The 1906 Ford Model K Open Tourer (above) sold for €345,000 to a buyer in the room after fierce bidding, and the 1903 Ford Model A Open Tourer doubled its estimate at €143,750.
The remarkable 1930 Ford Model A Snowmobile (pictured below) achieved €87,400.
‘We were bowled over by today’s result,' said Rupert Banner, group motoring director and one of the auctioneers for the sale. 'A 100% sold auction is a rare occurrence, especially one with such a vast quantity of lots. It was a pleasure to be able to find new owners for vehicles that had been treasured for so long. The result shows that the enthusiasm for veteran and vintage vehicles remains strong and that the Ford and Lincoln marques still have a global appeal.
Other highlights included:
- 1906 Ford Model F 16hp Twin Cylinder Side Entrance Tonneau: €94,300
- 1904 Ford Model C 10hp Two/Four Seater Side Entrance Tonneau: €89,700
- 1930 Lincoln Model L Seven Passenger Tourer: €80,500
- 1912 Ford Model T Landaulette: €69,000
Classic Cars for Sale
- MOT Certificates back to 1996 - Thousands spent with Cropredy Bridge - Invoices going back to 1989 - Same owner since 1989 - Full leather interior re-trim and new carpets by Cropredy Bridge in July 2006 - Full engine re-build and unleaded conversion by Cropredy Bridge in 2003 - New A/C in 2002 - Extensive works including partial wiring in 2002 - Gearbox recon in 1999 - New rep
Fully restored 1964 Austin Healey 3000 BJ8 MKIII. The 3-liter inline 6 cylinder engine was rebuilt. It received all new bearing rings,the cam shaft lifters were replaced, new timing chain was added and all the gaskets and seals were replaced, including all freeze plugs. The car also has brand new chrome wire wheel. The car runs and drives perfectly and everything works as it should.
Dodge Polara 426 Max Wedge Ramcharger Rotisserie restoration, this matching numbers car to the bone Ramcharger still has it's original Engine, transmission and rear end and it is in very good condition. Dodge Polara Ramcharger that still retains all of it's original.
very rare Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA (1.600) one of only 500 produced street configuration, completely original excellent general conditions fully working original color belonged to a single owner from 1967 to today one of the most important Alfa Romeo in history, ideal for collectors people. Car growing quotation We offer logistics and home delivery service. Shipping costs a