Historic Dodges to star at Scottsdale sale
Restored Charger Daytona, unrestored Challenger Hemi, custom truck and many more Dodges now feature in the Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale line-up
A number of historic Dodge models are to be auctioned by Barrett-Jackson at the annual Scottsdale Auction, held between 13-21 January 2018.
A Dodge Charger Daytona built to homologate the Charger for NASCAR forms part of a consignment of Dodge models brought to Scottsdale by Barrett-Jackson. The car is one of just 503 built, and was shipped to its first owner in California in 1969.
A matching numbers car which still has its original automatic transmission, it was stripped and rebuilt in a full rotisserie restoration during 2012. It retains its original 440ci Magnum and double exhausts. This car features the Performance Axle Package, sculpted road wheels and red line tyres, which complement its original colour of Bright Red. It comes with a Thumbwheel solid state radio, as well as an in-dash tachometer and clock.
'The Dodge brand has been deeply rooted in American culture for more than a century and we continue to see that connection at our auctions,' said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson.
A 1971 Dodge Challenger Hemi will join the Daytona at Scottsdale. This is a rare opportunity to buy a four-speed manual example which has a fully documented history – and which remains unrestored. One of just 70 Hemi-engined Challengers to be built in 1971, it features a pistol grip gear selector, plus A34 Super Trak Pak braking system.
Unusually the first owner has deleted the longitudinal R/T stripes, but this works well with the original TX9 Black paint. Specialist Galen Govier of GTS has decoded the original factory build tag, and can confirm that the car remains in its original specification.
Other Dodges in the sale include the following:
- 1941 Dodge Power Wagon – Powered by a 3.9-litre 4BT Cummins diesel with HX35 turbo and TH350 automatic transmission
- 1954 Dodge Power Wagon Crew-Cab Pickup – Complete frame-up nut-and-bolt restoration
- 1968 Dodge Charger – Two-time concours Gold Winner with 426ci HEMI engine
- 1970 Dodge Charger 500 Custom Coupe – Features all-aluminium 528ci EFI HEMI engine
- 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T – Powered by 426ci HEMI engine and restored to original condition
- 1970 Dodge Super Bee R-Code – One of 21 built with 426ci engine and four-speed manual transmission
- 1996 Dodge Viper RT/10CS Carroll Shelby Limited Edition Roadster – one of 19 built; powered by an 8.0-litre ten-cylinder engine and a six-speed manual transmission
A full list of available vehicles will be published on the Barrett-Jackson website prior to the sale. Vehicles are still being consigned.
Classic Cars for Sale
A beautiful Pontiac Star Chief Custom Catalina Sedan from 1958. This car is with its matching 6.1 l - V8 - 370 ci Motor completely in original condition. The car drives great and the automatic gearbox shifts fluently like it it's supposed to. The beautiful two-tone green Calipso and Burma colors make this Salon stand out like a picture. The chrome around the car is in excellent condition, likew
Porsche 911 Turbo (996 Generation 2) Coupe Manual finished in Special Order Polar Silver metallic with embossed Sports Seats with Polar Silver seat backs in Metropol Blue Leather, 6-speed manual gearbox, BOSE Surround System, Red seat belts, Litronic Xenon headlights, Porsche Exclusive Aluminium Gearshifter, Aluminium Handbrake, Aluminium Steering wheel inserts, Aluminium instrument faces, Alumini