Goodwood adds new race to Members' Meeting
To celebrate pre- and post-war Specials, the Bolster Cup will make its debut at March's 76th Members' Meeting
Goodwood has announced an all-new race for its 76th Members’ Meeting this year in celebration of vintage specials.
The inaugural Bolster Cup will celebrate the pioneering spirit of the Shelsley Walsh hillclimb and Brooklands ‘specials’ builders and will feature a grid of both pre- and post-war cars.
It is hoped that the Bolster Cup will provide a ‘David vs Goliath’ content with Bentley, Delage and aero-engined specials pitched against GNs, Morgans and Austins.
It takes the name from brothers John and Richard Bolster who built pre-war specials. They built their first car, ‘Bloody Mary’, while still in school and it was created to ‘drive around a field as dangerously as possible’.
During its time as a hillclimb car, ‘Bloody Mary’ eventually produced 200bhp to propel only 230kg. Although Richard died while serving for the Royal Air Force during the Second World War, John enjoyed notable success in motorsport. He latterly went on to become a journalist and broadcaster, and was a founding member of Autosport magazine – sister title to AutoClassics.
‘Bloody Mary’ will be on display at the Members’ Meeting on March 17-18 while another of Richard’s Specials – the Richard Bolster Special – will take its place on the grid.
Other races confirmed include the headline Gerry Marshall Trophy and Sprint grids for 1970-82 Group 1 saloon cars and the Gurney Cup, named in honour of the late American racing legend Dan Gurney, who passed away in mid-January.
Click here to read the full line-up.
VEHICLE DESCRIPTION & HISTORY This is a fine example of a Morgan 4/4 in Connaught Green with Tan leather Pipped with green. Walnut Dash, wire wheels, Stainless Steel Luggage Rack. Registered August 1995 and has only done 27,800 miles from new. Last owner has owned her for the last 16 years, has a tremendous service history and she is ready to go. VEHICLE SPECIFICATION Wire Wheels Walnut D
MODEL HISTORY The Morgan Aero 8 is a sports car built by Morgan Motor Company at its factory in Malvern Link, England and designed by the firm’s designer Matthew Humphries. The Aero 8 – based on the works team GT2 race car – was said by Morgan to be “the ultimate sports car for those that demand impressive performance with original styling”. It is the first Morgan vehicle with an alu
1953 Plus 4 Flat Rad Morgan Four Seater Original Standard Vanguard 2088cc engine Car recently refurbished See our website : http://www.charlesleith.com/cars-for-sale/1953-morgan-flat-rad-4-four-seater Despatched 29th October 1952 to Rossleigh Ltd., 39-45 Lothian Road, Edinburgh Original registration DKS 17 New bulkhead just fitted Just re-wired Just re-sprayed Alloy tan