FIVA boosts support for lesser-known classic events
Historic vehicle federation to include smaller concours, rallies and trials in Best Preserved Vehicle award circuit – starting with ten shows in 2018
FIVA has underlined its support of smaller classic vehicle events around the globe by announcing that it will present its coveted Best Preserved Vehicle award across a broader spectrum of international concours, touring events and rallies. The initiative will start this year.
As president of FIVA (Fédération Internationale des Véhicules Anciens – or international federation of historic vehicles) Patrick Rollet explains: ‘There are a great many events that are not as widely known as the likes of Villa d’Este and Pebble Beach, but are every bit as interesting and worthwhile.’
Launched under UNESCO patronage, the 2016 inauguration of the World Motoring Heritage Year fleshed out FIVA’s special new award series celebrating the Best Preserved Vehicle at worldwide concours events. The organisation is now keen to support shows and rallies that are more aligned to the global FIVA membership.
- Pre-war cars for sale
- Montlhéry Revival in a 1913 Nazzaro
- Brooks Stevens, the greatest visionary of all?
Rollet says: ‘In 2018, we are keen to help promote not just the very ‘top-end’ occasions, but also to recognise the passionate individuals who take part in events that are less well known. We hope to encourage a wider spectrum of FIVA members to enjoy these valuable celebrations of historic vehicles.’
He continues: ‘We have therefore put together a list of ten events around the world in 2018, at which FIVA will be presenting its prestigious Best Preserved Vehicle award. We’ll be recognising vehicles that, in FIVA’s opinion, retain such a high degree of their original components, materials and finishes that they can be seen as important cultural artefacts.
‘While we retain two events from earlier years – the world-renowned Villa d’Este Concours d’Elégance and the spectacular Ibbenbürener Motorrad-Veteranen-Rallye for motorcycles – the other eight are events new to FIVA’s Best Preserved Vehicle award.
‘We look forward hugely to attending these events, and getting to know the organisers, participants and historic vehicles that make these gatherings not only highly enjoyable, but also vitally important in protecting, preserving and promoting world motoring heritage.’
FIVA will be presenting Best Preserved Vehicle awards at the following ten events:
- Transappenninica, Italy May 6-12, 2018
- Ibbenbürener Motorrad-Veteranen-Rallye, Germany May 18-21, 2018
- Rally Maya México, Mexico May 23-June 1, 2018
- Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este, Italy May 25-27, 2018
- Rallye International du Pays de Fougères, France May 25-28, 2018
- FIVA World Motorcycle Rally, Hungary June 21-24, 2018
- Royal Automobile Club 1000-Mile Trial, UK July 8-13, 2018
- ADAC Heidelberg Historic, Germany July 12-14, 2018
- FIVA World Rally, UK Aug 28-Sept 1, 2018
- La Festa Mille Miglia, Japan October 19-23, 2018
Classic Cars for Sale
• 1977 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 • Recent £5,000 bill from marque specialists, Autofarm • Rare RHD example with sunroof • Desirable Minerva Blue with Brown/Tartan interior • Top end rebuild and new clutch 4,000 miles ago The 2.7 Carrera RS was the result of Porsche’s realisation that the heft of the 2.4 litre 911S was going to restrict the marque’s ability to go racing. It
New Japanese import Perfect condition throughout. The odd tiny scrape on bumpers, bodywork all perfect Absolutely no rust or corrosion. Fully undersealed. Interior perfect - Black leather. Radio converted to UK frequencies MPH speedo dial fitted. Navigation does not work in UK. JEVIC certification of mileage - 18500km / 11200 miles. Just serviced, 12 month MOT Sunroof, Hifi speaker
2005-55 volvo xc70 d se 2.4 diesel auto estate 2 owners 59k fvsh 14 stamps private plate very rare sought after best available in absolutely incredible & original condition the best ?stunning example volvo xc70 diesel se 2.4 auto 2 owners from new 2.4 turbo diesel auto very low mileage 59000 with full volvo service history (caffyns volvo) looks and drives superb first to see will buy must be s
I have my Jaguar XF, Registered 27/10/2010, Colour Gold, Cream Leather interior, Only 35.300 miles, Full service history, One previous owner, All electrically working, The car is in very good condition inside and out, Genuine reason .