Digital catalogue of amazing Dingman collection now online
RM Auctions will put the Michael Dingman’s remarkable collection of Ford vehicles and memorabilia under the hammer at no reserve in June
RM Sotheby's Auctions has announced that it will present the conclusion of The Dingman Collection, auctioning off the final chapter of philanthropist Michael Dingman’s classic collectibles and vehicles – entirely without reserve.
RM Sotheby's June 23/24 sale in Hampton, New Hampshire is the third time items from from the Dingham Collection have been auctioned off, after two similar sales in 2006 and 2012. Every lot can now be viewed in the online catalogue.
A longtime Ford Motor Company director, Dingman enjoyed an abiding passion for Ford’s trademark and iconic flathead V8. His fixation on Dearborn's famous engine led to a collection of Ford's finest that was considered unrivalled until his passing in 2017.
It wasn’t just cars that received his attention – a large number of neon signs and other nostalgia representing Americana also received pride of place within the assortment. Over 700 lots of rare collectables compliment the 25 exceptional classic Fords heading to auction, including a diner – should you be after such a purchase.
Highlights of the 700-plus lots include:
- Flathead Ford woodies, with emphasis on as-new restorations and rare original features such as birds-eye maple bodywork
- A fully functioning and professionally restored diner, formerly known as the Pole Tavern Diner and situated on U.S. Highway 40 in New Jersey. It has been extensively researched with period imagery and was faithfully restored in the Dingman Collection for private use on the family estate. Fully outfitted with cooking and service equipment and an adjoining functional kitchen, it will be offered for sale with removal, transportation, and installation guidance from RM Auctions
- A beautifully ornate bar, for which RM Auctions will also provide guidance on removal and installation
- Hundreds of rare, original neon signs, highlighting not only Ford Motor Company history, but all manner of early Americana, from diner ephemera to petroliana, hospitality, and retail
- Hundreds of rare porcelain signs, countless collectables, parts, original cutaway engine displays, automotive literature, and more
Mike Fairburn, RM Sotherby’s car specalist, explained: 'The Dingman Collection will be sold in its entirely this summer, and enthusiasts familiar with Mr. Dingman’s passion for Fords and his expertise in discerning the very best of the best will surely agree that the collection’s superlative reputation precedes itself.
'Mr. Dingman had an eye for authenticity and purity, with the goal of presenting cars in as-new condition, as they would have appeared on the showroom floor in period. RM Auctions is honoured to offer this carefully chosen and perfectly maintained collection, the final word in quality from one of the most important Ford collectors of modern times.'
Having long been one of the main auction houses for the sale of impossibly large private and estate collections, the third and final Dingman event continues this trend. Get a closer look at the lots on the official RM Sothebys' website.
Classic Cars for Sale
Original Big block car. 2 year rotisserie restoration completed 2 years ago, less than 3000 miles since, over $100,000 invested with receipts to prove. LS 6.0 conversion, T56 transmission, 12 bolt rearend, all QA1 and Hotchkis suspension, rack conversion, firewall smoothed, frame, rearend and suspension all base clear. New convertible top vinyl, all new glass, stainless 3 inch exhaust with x-pipe,
Clean all original 1966 Ford Mustang California car by way of the south. Second owner. Runs and drives great. Some recent maintenance done. Including new front springs and clutch. Also paid premium to have professional tint the windows (looks sleek) Blue with black original pony interior. 4 Speed, Air Conditioning, Power Steering, Power Breaks. Great condition, ready for summer driving and shows.
My 911 project car for sale separately in the following order: 1. Porsche 1977 911S with Fiberglass 993 Turbo S Body Kit, Carbon Fiber 993 Turbo S Factory Decklid and Wing. Rust Free Florida Car was purchased in 2000 and Converted to Chevy V8, front trunk was cut for radiator install. AC System Partially Removed. Can be rewelded to convert back to oil cooled motor. Converted to G50 Transmissio
1972 Ford Mustang fastback sportroof MACh 1 stripes This is a very nicely persevered 72 Fastback Mustang It came ordered with Gold Glow paint MACh1 Ginger interior (deluxe door panels full gauge package Tachometer and oil,temp,volts) The V8 4bbl engine has been rebuilt with a small cam the C4 auto trans is a new performance unit for street or strip 9 in rear end no posi. Air dam and rear window sp