Digital catalogue of amazing Dingman collection now online
RM Auctions will put the Michael Dingman’s remarkable collection of Ford vehicles and memorabilia under the hammer at no reserve in June
RM Sotheby's Auctions has announced that it will present the conclusion of The Dingman Collection, auctioning off the final chapter of philanthropist Michael Dingman’s classic collectibles and vehicles – entirely without reserve.
RM Sotheby's June 23/24 sale in Hampton, New Hampshire is the third time items from from the Dingham Collection have been auctioned off, after two similar sales in 2006 and 2012. Every lot can now be viewed in the online catalogue.
A longtime Ford Motor Company director, Dingman enjoyed an abiding passion for Ford’s trademark and iconic flathead V8. His fixation on Dearborn's famous engine led to a collection of Ford's finest that was considered unrivalled until his passing in 2017.
It wasn’t just cars that received his attention – a large number of neon signs and other nostalgia representing Americana also received pride of place within the assortment. Over 700 lots of rare collectables compliment the 25 exceptional classic Fords heading to auction, including a diner – should you be after such a purchase.
Highlights of the 700-plus lots include:
- Flathead Ford woodies, with emphasis on as-new restorations and rare original features such as birds-eye maple bodywork
- A fully functioning and professionally restored diner, formerly known as the Pole Tavern Diner and situated on U.S. Highway 40 in New Jersey. It has been extensively researched with period imagery and was faithfully restored in the Dingman Collection for private use on the family estate. Fully outfitted with cooking and service equipment and an adjoining functional kitchen, it will be offered for sale with removal, transportation, and installation guidance from RM Auctions
- A beautifully ornate bar, for which RM Auctions will also provide guidance on removal and installation
- Hundreds of rare, original neon signs, highlighting not only Ford Motor Company history, but all manner of early Americana, from diner ephemera to petroliana, hospitality, and retail
- Hundreds of rare porcelain signs, countless collectables, parts, original cutaway engine displays, automotive literature, and more
Mike Fairburn, RM Sotherby’s car specalist, explained: 'The Dingman Collection will be sold in its entirely this summer, and enthusiasts familiar with Mr. Dingman’s passion for Fords and his expertise in discerning the very best of the best will surely agree that the collection’s superlative reputation precedes itself.
'Mr. Dingman had an eye for authenticity and purity, with the goal of presenting cars in as-new condition, as they would have appeared on the showroom floor in period. RM Auctions is honoured to offer this carefully chosen and perfectly maintained collection, the final word in quality from one of the most important Ford collectors of modern times.'
Having long been one of the main auction houses for the sale of impossibly large private and estate collections, the third and final Dingman event continues this trend. Get a closer look at the lots on the official RM Sothebys' website.
Classic Cars for Sale
Highlights Displaying less than 2,600 km Manual, left-hand drive and finished in its original colours One of only 35 V8 Zagato Volantes The Aston Martin V8 Zagato Volante Twenty years after the tremendous success of the Aston DB4 GT, the press and public began to seriously question both if and when Aston Martin would build another production two-seater. But their questions were soon ans
Highlights The period competitor to Ferrari’s 250 GTO and 250 LM and the Shelby Daytona Coupe One of the 12 original Lightweight Competition Roadsters produced Raced at the Nürburgring 1000 KM, Reims 12 Hours, Spa 500 KM, RAC Tourist Trophy and Kyalami 9 Hours and winner of the 1964 Prix de Paris Fabulously documented, with copies of period correspondence between the Jaguar factory and firs
Highlights: Certified by the Registro Italiano Alfa Romeo (RIAR), confirming its original engine The sportiest Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 chassis, with exquisite Carrozzeria Touring coachwork and sunroof High-performance, short-wheelbase Super Sport model Eligible for the Mille Miglia and a triumph of post-war Italian design The Alfa Romeo 6C 2500 Super Sport The 6C 2500 was a landmark model f
Highlights 1975 Targa Florio winner Six-time race winner and four-time pole position winner Autodelta official Alfa Romeo factory team car One of the most important Alfa Romeo racing cars ever! 1975 Alfa Romeo World Championship-winning team car Raced in period by motorsport heroes, including Arturo Merzario, Jacky Ickx, Nino Vaccarella, Mario Andretti, Brian Redman, Jochen Mass, Vittorio