Digital catalogue of amazing Dingman collection now online
RM Auctions will put the Michael Dingman’s remarkable collection of Ford vehicles and memorabilia under the hammer at no reserve in June
RM Sotheby's Auctions has announced that it will present the conclusion of The Dingman Collection, auctioning off the final chapter of philanthropist Michael Dingman’s classic collectibles and vehicles – entirely without reserve.
RM Sotheby's June 23/24 sale in Hampton, New Hampshire is the third time items from from the Dingham Collection have been auctioned off, after two similar sales in 2006 and 2012. Every lot can now be viewed in the online catalogue.
A longtime Ford Motor Company director, Dingman enjoyed an abiding passion for Ford’s trademark and iconic flathead V8. His fixation on Dearborn's famous engine led to a collection of Ford's finest that was considered unrivalled until his passing in 2017.
It wasn’t just cars that received his attention – a large number of neon signs and other nostalgia representing Americana also received pride of place within the assortment. Over 700 lots of rare collectables compliment the 25 exceptional classic Fords heading to auction, including a diner – should you be after such a purchase.
Highlights of the 700-plus lots include:
- Flathead Ford woodies, with emphasis on as-new restorations and rare original features such as birds-eye maple bodywork
- A fully functioning and professionally restored diner, formerly known as the Pole Tavern Diner and situated on U.S. Highway 40 in New Jersey. It has been extensively researched with period imagery and was faithfully restored in the Dingman Collection for private use on the family estate. Fully outfitted with cooking and service equipment and an adjoining functional kitchen, it will be offered for sale with removal, transportation, and installation guidance from RM Auctions
- A beautifully ornate bar, for which RM Auctions will also provide guidance on removal and installation
- Hundreds of rare, original neon signs, highlighting not only Ford Motor Company history, but all manner of early Americana, from diner ephemera to petroliana, hospitality, and retail
- Hundreds of rare porcelain signs, countless collectables, parts, original cutaway engine displays, automotive literature, and more
Mike Fairburn, RM Sotherby’s car specalist, explained: 'The Dingman Collection will be sold in its entirely this summer, and enthusiasts familiar with Mr. Dingman’s passion for Fords and his expertise in discerning the very best of the best will surely agree that the collection’s superlative reputation precedes itself.
'Mr. Dingman had an eye for authenticity and purity, with the goal of presenting cars in as-new condition, as they would have appeared on the showroom floor in period. RM Auctions is honoured to offer this carefully chosen and perfectly maintained collection, the final word in quality from one of the most important Ford collectors of modern times.'
Having long been one of the main auction houses for the sale of impossibly large private and estate collections, the third and final Dingman event continues this trend. Get a closer look at the lots on the official RM Sothebys' website.
Classic Cars for Sale
This superb Landrover is a Defender that was ex Military and is a FFR (Fitted For Radio) This year of Military defender were still fitted with the superb 2495cc Naturally Aspirated Diesel engine as specified by the Armed forces. This stunning example is still original and has been superbly maintained , A new Black canvas has been fitted and the original green one is still with it. The powerful
Iconic Autobody 386 Speedster Homage BESPOKE COACH BUILT ON THE PORSCHE 986 BOXSTER PLATFORM. SPEEDSTER 356 INSPIRED, RETRO STYLED, MODERN DRIVETRAIN MASTERPIECE. This Amazing car is available for immediate delivery Built from a 49686 mile, 2.7L ,Manual Porsche. Finished in a stunning metallic grey coachwork with Red leather and black carpets. Electric Black Hood, 17 Bespoke Fusch
Beep Beep!! Here’s a cool Roadrunner equipped with a nice 440 engine that has aluminum heads, 850 Holley, Torker intake, performance cam, ARP rocker studs, headers, and Air Grabber scoop. It is attached to a TKO 600 5 speed transmission, Science Friction Carbon Kevlar weave clutch with Billet flywheel, and a 3:91 Positraction differential. Wilwood power disc brakes, Hotchkiss leaf springs / tors
A simply stunning example of a Silver Wraith II. Finished in very rare 2-tone Willow Gold over Olive (metallic) with Moss green fine lines to the waist-rails. The interior has handsome light tan (beige) Connolly hides with Moss green piping and Wilton carpets in a green-gold hue. The same theme carries through to the boot. The roof has an interior matching light beige Everflex top.