Ferrari 250 GT SWB heading to Bonhams' auction
A stunning example of the epochal 250 GT SWB, one of the most exceptional Ferraris of all time, will be auctioned by Bonhams on August 24, during the world’s most acclaimed car enthusiast week.
Known as a ‘dynamic sculpture’ by Ferrari Head of Design Flavio Manzoni, the Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta has regularly claimed title as one of the greatest sports cars ever made.
The highly competitive model consistently won races with ardour back in its heyday. Completing the package was a 2953cc V12, impeccable suspension and breath-taking lines.
- Ex-Phil Hill Ferrari 250 GTO test car announced for $45m auction
- Who makes tyres for the world's most expensive car?
- Other, more common, Ferraris for sale...
‘It’s this combination of engineering, design, rarity and racing success that’s made it a legend and one of the most sought after sportscars on the planet,’ confirms Jakob Greisen, Bonhams VP – US Head of Motoring.
The example listed is chassis number 3337GT, a documented, matching numbers, Ferrari Classiche certified car complete with remarkable original coachwork in addition to some timeless competition features.
3337GT was the beneficiary of an exemplar restoration by the late master Wayne Obry of Motion Products and later Rex Nguyen, who maintained the original livery of Grigio Conchiglia.
The 250 GT SWB presented here could potentially be the finest of its kind in existence. Confirming the supremacy of its condition are a plethora of prestigious awards, some of which include:
- 1st in Class at the Cavallino Classic
- 1st in The Greatest Ferraris Class at the Quail Motorsports Gathering
- 2nd in Class at the 2017 Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- Best GT at Mar-a-Lago, Best Restoration at the Cavallino Classic
- Best Road Car and a perfect 100-point title from the Ferrari Club of America International Meet.
The vehicle will be offered on August 24 at Bonhams’ Quail Lodge Auction in Carmel, California, in addition to a stunning selection of other classic automobiles. A full video demonstration of chassis number 3337GT, as well as many further details can be found at here.
Classic Cars for Sale
• 1977 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.0 • Recent £5,000 bill from marque specialists, Autofarm • Rare RHD example with sunroof • Desirable Minerva Blue with Brown/Tartan interior • Top end rebuild and new clutch 4,000 miles ago The 2.7 Carrera RS was the result of Porsche’s realisation that the heft of the 2.4 litre 911S was going to restrict the marque’s ability to go racing. It
New Japanese import Perfect condition throughout. The odd tiny scrape on bumpers, bodywork all perfect Absolutely no rust or corrosion. Fully undersealed. Interior perfect - Black leather. Radio converted to UK frequencies MPH speedo dial fitted. Navigation does not work in UK. JEVIC certification of mileage - 18500km / 11200 miles. Just serviced, 12 month MOT Sunroof, Hifi speaker
2005-55 volvo xc70 d se 2.4 diesel auto estate 2 owners 59k fvsh 14 stamps private plate very rare sought after best available in absolutely incredible & original condition the best ?stunning example volvo xc70 diesel se 2.4 auto 2 owners from new 2.4 turbo diesel auto very low mileage 59000 with full volvo service history (caffyns volvo) looks and drives superb first to see will buy must be s
I have my Jaguar XF, Registered 27/10/2010, Colour Gold, Cream Leather interior, Only 35.300 miles, Full service history, One previous owner, All electrically working, The car is in very good condition inside and out, Genuine reason .