200mph 930 Porsche 911 Turbo heads to auction
Want that classic Porsche look with performance that will put the latest supercars to shame? This 600bhp 930 Turbo might be for you
Nobody accused the 930 Porsche 911 Turbo of being slow. Even by today’s standards this 1980s icon is pretty sprightly with a 0-62mph time of around 5 seconds and a 160mph top speed. However, a very special 930 Turbo developed by DP Motorsport that claims to be a genuine 200mph machine is heading to auction. A classic capable of sleighing modern supercars? Yes please!
More Porsche restomods
- Porsche 993 receives Gunther Werks carbon body conversion
- How Porsche's 'Project Gold' was built, from start to finish
- Classic Porsche 911s from our classifieds
There’s something about the shape of a 930 911 Turbo that demands attention. From its iconic headlights and teardrop rear profile, to its enormous whale-tail spoiler, it immediately separates itself from Porsche’s ‘cooking’ models. This example adds some elegance into the mix with an unusual aqua shade, but it’s beauty is more than just skin-deep.
This Porsche now wields far greater performance than when standard, thanks to extensive work undertaken by DP Motorsport. It has been on a diet that now results in a wet weight of just 1,100kg, making modern machines with similar performance credentials appear portly.
Continuous tuning and engine modification has resulted in an output in excess of 600bhp and 600 lb ft (814 Nm) of torque. This combination of high power and low weight means that a 0-60mph dash is achievable in less than three seconds and 0-100mph is cracked in under five. To match this performance on a modern-day supercar, you’ll need to spend the thick-end of a million pounds and sacrifice some character.
The car was originally built to take part in the 930 Sport Sprint Series in the north-west of England, hence its biblical performance and uncompromisingly bare interior. It features a four-speed manual transmission which might sound a little crazy in a car that can do 200mph, but its ratios are designed for maximum acceleration. As a result of this unusual setup, this 930 will do 60mph in 1st gear, over 100mph in 2nd, and almost 170mph in 3rd!
If you fancy getting your hands on one of the fastest classics out there, keep a close eye on Silverstone Auction’s NEC Classic Motor Show Sale on November 10-11 2018. Its estimate of between £80,000 - £90,000 makes this 911 Turbo a relative performance bargain.
Classic Cars for Sale
- 3.6 Litre Flat Six Twin Turbo Engine (420bhp) - 18 Turbo II Lightweight Alloy Wheels - Sport Seats - Special Order Cobalt Blue - Aluminium Handbrake & Gearshift - BOSE Digital Surround Sound System with Upgraded Amplifier & Subwoofer - CD Storage - Bi-Xenon Headlights with Headlamp Wash - Electric Sunroof - On Board Computer - Rear Wiper - Heated Seats - Crest Embossed Headrests - PCM Satellite
1991 911 TurboEvery once in a while a car comes along that is head and shoulders above the rest. Gaudin Porsche of Las Vegas is proud to represent such cars. We present to you this unbelievable, spare no expense, 964 Turbo in
A really special collectable Porsche 996 Turbo manual with very low miles and a superb service history. Later 2004 model year car.Seal grey metallic paintwork ,Black leather interior ,Sports seats ,18 inch turbo alloys ,BOSE speaker upgrade ,Sunroof ,Sat Nav ,Auro air con ,Full leather sports steering wheel ,Leather centre console ,Ali handbrake and gear level ,Auto dimming
- 3.6 Litre Flat Six Twin Turbo Engine (420bhp) - 18 Turbo II Lightweight Alloy Wheels- 2003 Model Year - Hard Backed Sport Seats- Crest Embossed Headrests- Rear Park Assist- White Dials- Silver Painted Centre Console- Large Carbon Pack- Carbon/Leather Steering Wheel- Carbon Door Speakers- Carbon Dash Surround- Carbon Instrument Surround- Carbon Door Surround- PCM 2 Satellite Navigation System- BO