This unusual 1984 Porsche 911 Turbo is pure '80s cool
Finished in the rare shade of Rubinrot Metallic, this Porsche 911 Turbo caught our eye in the classifieds. Its 3.3-litre turbocharged engine is good for 300bhp
The 911 Turbo has been a staple of the Porsche brand since its introduction in 1975 and will continue on with the latest 992 generation car. However, this first incarnation, or G-Series car, is an icon in the world of classic cars, and a sought after one at that. This 911 Turbo in a rare shade is currently in our classifieds offered by Veloce Classic & Sports Cars.
More classic Porsche...
- Will Porsche design a new 911 Safari rally car?
- 901 vs 992: Porsche 911 through the ages
- Check out these classic Porsche 911s in our classifieds
In order for Porsche to take a turbocharged variant of its 911 Group 4 racing, it needed to produce at least 400 road cars to meet homologation rules. ‘Project 930’ became the Porsche 911 Turbo, and what a car it was! Sporting flared wheel arches, heavily dished alloy wheels and that distinctive ‘tea tray’ spoiler, it was an attention grabbing machine.
Initially launched with a 3.0-litre flat-six engine with KKK turbocharger, the 911 Turbo was good for 260bhp and 155mph. However, things were turned up to 11 in 1978 when Porsche enlarged the engine to 3.3 litres giving each car 300bhp. A four-speed manual transmission was responsible for sending that power and torque to the rear wheels. The 911 Turbo quickly gained a reputation as one of the most potent road-legal machines money could buy.
This example is a later 1984 3.3-litre car finished in Rubinrot Metallic, which is a sort of copper red colour. The hue certainly fits its 1980s persona and makes for more a unusual car those finished in traditional shades such as Guards Red. It appears immaculate condition, complete with well preserved factory stickers under the bonnet. The odometer of this left-hand drive car currently reads 217,000 kilometres, or just shy of 135,000 miles.
Values of classic Porsche 911s are still strong, even more so with special models such as this. Veloce Classic & Sports Cars have this 1984 Turbo listed for £114,000 making it a tempting proposition.
Classic Cars for Sale
- 3.6 Litre Flat Six Twin Turbo Engine (420bhp) - 18 Turbo II Lightweight Alloy Wheels - Sport Seats - Special Order Cobalt Blue - Aluminium Handbrake & Gearshift - BOSE Digital Surround Sound System with Upgraded Amplifier & Subwoofer - CD Storage - Bi-Xenon Headlights with Headlamp Wash - Electric Sunroof - On Board Computer - Rear Wiper - Heated Seats - Crest Embossed Headrests - PCM Satellite
- 3.6 Litre Flat Six Twin Turbo Engine (420bhp) - 18 Turbo II Lightweight Alloy Wheels- 2003 Model Year - Hard Backed Sport Seats- Crest Embossed Headrests- Rear Park Assist- White Dials- Silver Painted Centre Console- Large Carbon Pack- Carbon/Leather Steering Wheel- Carbon Door Speakers- Carbon Dash Surround- Carbon Instrument Surround- Carbon Door Surround- PCM 2 Satellite Navigation System- BO
We have this Porsche 911 Turbo Tiptronic-S finished in Gaurds Red with a Black leather interior. The car has covered 37,500 Miles. Some other specification the vehicle has is listed below: 18-inch Alloys, Automatic, Bose Sound, Full-Service History, Xenon Lights, CD Player, Climate Control, Electric Seats, Electric Sunroof, Electric Windows, Leather Upholstery, Remote Central Locking, Sate