EXCEPTIONAL 1960 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 BN7 with Rawles Motorsport fast road engine
• Marque : AUSTIN HEALEY
• Model : 3000 MK1
• Year: 1960
• Chassis n. : H-BN7-L9992
• Capacity: 3000cc
• Km : 3000
• Interior : Black leather
• Outside : twotone red/white
• Soft top: black
• Optional: luggage rack
The provenance of this car is reasonably well documented. According to the British Motor Industry Trust certificate, car number H-BN7-L9992 was originally delivered to a dealer in Philadelphia in June 1960. It was in Healey Blue with a blue interior. At some point, a previous owner converted it to a racing car. Eventually, as a used race car, it went to a car dealer in Massachusetts. It was imported to Canada in 1981 and prepared and maintained as a vintage race car by one of the top performance specialists in North America. For the next 15 years it campaigned at tracks all over the US and Canada (and in the 1984 Bahamas Speed Week). It was purchased by the penultimate owner in 1998 who had kept the car in Miami in recent years.
The car was generally in very good condition and much improved when imported in UK in 2013. It was checked over and further improvements including a complete Rawles Motorsport Ltd fast road upgraded engine which has less than 3000 miles covered. The car was also set up on rolling and performs magnificently with the treble weber set up on the 2 seater BN7 chassis.
Recent improvements included fitting of Avon ZZ tyres all round .
The style of the car is very good and is reminiscent of the John Gott race car with wide wheel arches and works hard top finished in a crisp white over red colour combination.
High performance upgrades to the car include:-
• Triple DCOE 45 Weber carbs with Deronica inlet manifold.
• Upgraded competition shocks and front disc brakes.
• Oversized front anti-roll bar.
• Heavy duty clutch.
• Oil cooler.
• Brake servo booster.
• Upgraded steering components including LeCarra steering wheel.
• New motor mounts.
• Remapped distributor to optimise performance
• New wiring harness.
• Headlights, side, tail and brake lamp assemblies.
• Front and rear bumpers and front splash panel.
The Webers were re-jetted and balanced to make the car a bit more civilized and custom air cleaners were fabricated and installed. The competition steering wheel was retained and a soft top assembly was acquired, restored and fitted. A tourneau cover and side curtain assemblies were acquired and restored.
The wheels, which are 72 spoke wires, were rebuilt and powdered coated in the proper silver/gray colour. The rear wheels are inner laced . This provides a 3in wider track at the rear of the car.
In 2002, the body was dismantled and taken down to bare metal. In keeping with its performance capabilities, the bonnet was louvered and fender flares were fabricated. At the rear, these better enclosed the extended wire wheels. The subtle flares at the front were to compliment the effect. The interior received a new dash cap. A bullet style mirror was added to the driver’s side. The chosen colors were the classic red over white coves. Several years later it was decided to turn the handsome brute into a BMC rally tribute car - but with some drivability upgrades.
This is a summary of the additional modifications made over the past 9 years.
• Front and rear bumpers removed. Rally style over-riders and brackets installed at rear.
• Driving light brackets and Lucas lamps installed.
• Rally style vents added to front wings.
• Standard grill removed and Works-style stainless steel mesh grill and venting installed.
• Proper period seats (black with red piping vinyl coverings) and sliders were installed.
• An original authentic two-seater hardtop was acquired, restored and fitted. Roof vent installed.
• Racing fuel cell replaced with a new conventional fuel tank and sending unit (fuel gauge rebuilt).
• Electrics converted to negative ground and alternator installed.
• New distributor added and MSD ignition discreetly installed.
• New exhaust muffler fitted.
• New knock-offs added.
• Cast aluminum valve cover added.
• Overdrive switch moved to competition gearshift knob.
• Fire extinguisher installed near the passenger footwell.
• Interior (firewall, floor, transmission tunnel, bonnet, door panels, etc.) completely lined in heat and sound insulation.
• Spare tire and associated fittings installed in proper BN7 fashion.
• Period-style competition lap belts installed.
• Passenger compartment fully refurbished with new carpets and panels.
• The battery relocated to the boot area and a battery cut off switch installed in the cockpit behind the passenger seat.
• Boot refinished with new custom liner kit.
• New Heater unit
• SatNav plug
This car is a very good example of a triple weber BN7 on a fast road Rawles Motorsport Ltd engine.
MORE DETAILS AND PHOTOS IN THE WEBSITE www.cristianoluzzago.it
67, Via San Bernardino
25030 Roncadelle –Brescia -Italy
There are no any price changes yet
TOTALLY RESTORED 1960 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 MK1 4 SEATER MARQUE AUSTIN HEALEY MODEL 3000 MK1 4 SEATER YEAR 1960 PRICE EURO ON REQUEST CHASSIS N. H-BT7-L/11099 ENGINE 29D-RU-H/19250 CAPACITY 3000 HOMOLOGATIONS ASI GOLD PLATE INTERIOR BLACK LEATHER OUTSIDE PRIMROSE YELLOW SOFT TOP BLACK PVC MECHANICALS TOTALLY RESTORED BODYWORKS TOTALLY RESTORED PAINTWORKS TOTALLY RESTORED CHROMES
1961 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 MK1 RHD MARQUE AUSTIN HEALEY MODEL 3000 MK1 YEAR 1961 CHASSIS N. HBT7/13724 ENGINE HBT7/13724 CAPACITY 2912cc HOMOLOGATIONS ASI gold plate INTERIOR Blue leather OUTSIDE Healey Blue met/ white SOFT TOP Blue MECHANICALS Very good and relaible BODYWORKS Very good PAINTWORKS Very good CHROMES VERY NICE OPTIONS Wire wheels Tonneau cover Leather seats NOTE Tota
1964 AUSTIN HEALEY 3000 MK 3 BJ8/L MARQUE AUSTIN HEALEY MODEL 3000 MK 3 BJ8/L YEAR 1964 CHASSIS N. 3000 MK 3 BJ8/L ENGINE 29K-RU-H/4932 CAPACITY 3000cc OWNERS 1 since 2000 HOMOLOGATIONS ASI gold plate / British Heritage INTERIOR Balck leather OUTSIDE Colorado red SOFT TOP Black MECHANICALS Very good condition , very reliable BODYWORKS Very good PAINTWORKS Beautiful CHROMES Very
This rare and original 948cc mk 2 sprite was restored in 2013/14 after being housed in a garage/ drive for 27 years. It`s original Han. 6 engine and smooth case gearbox show all the signs the 31k mileage on the odometer could well be correct. I have a fairly comprehensive history file showing mileage of 24967 back to 1977 on a mot certificate and ownership back to 1975 showing 6 previous owners .
Located near PORTLAND, OREGON. This 1962 Healey 3000 MkII BT7 was restored for touring some years ago and has been enjoyed ever since. Appears solid and rust-free. Received a good driver quality re- paint in original white that shows nicely today. Interior was also replaced at that time. Full zippered tonneau cover is included, along with BRAND NEW WHITE TOP to be installed. Chrome appears origina
BEAUTIFULLY PRESERVED 1990 PORSCHE 964 CABRIOLET MARQUE PORSCHE MODEL 964 CARRERA 2 CABRIOLET YEAR 1990 PRICE EURO 56.800 CHASSIS N. WPOZZZ96ZLS422712 ENGINE M6401- 62L14782 CAPACITY 3600 KM SHOWN 101.000 INTERIOR GREY LEATHER OUTSIDE SATIN BLACK METALLIC SOFT TOP BLACK MECHANICALS PERFECT BODYWORKS PERFECT PAINTWORKS PERFECT OPTIONS Automatic clima,electric hood. 1992model updatin
WONDERFUL 1962 JAGUAR E TYPE 3800 S1 ROADSTER MARQUE JAGUAR MODEL E TYPE 3800 S1 ROADSTER YEAR 1962 CHASSIS N. 877174 ENGINE R4660-9 CAPACITY 3800 OWNERS 1 SINCE 2005 HOMOLOGATIONS ASI GOLD PLATE INTERIOR Red leather OUTSIDE White SOFT TOP Black MECHANICALS Very good BODYWORKS Very good PAINTWORKS Very nice CHROMES perfect OPTIONS Period Motorola Stereo NOTE Imported from USA