During the pre-war period, Aston-Martin were very focused on ensuring racing success as a way of promoting the brand. Bamford and Martin, who first made Aston-Martin cars, were almost exclusively producing racing cars for the first few years’ of production. After ‘Bert’ Bertelli took over the business, he continued this strategy with vigour. Bertelli was a both a very successful racing driver and a master at creating a car that excelled at long distance endurance racing. Bertelli named his second series model to honour the companies’ success in the Le Mans 24 hour race. Both works and customer versions of the Le Mans were raced in many events with success in period. Notably, a Le Mans competed in the original Mille Miglia, thus ensuring that this model is welcomed in the current retrospective Mille Miglia.
This is a particularly fine example of a Le Mans and has been cherished by one owner for the past 50 years which is evident when driving it. This Le Mans is one of the best we have driven with superb road holding, wonderful gear change and an all-round excellent driving experience. This is a very attractive early example and one of only six Le Mans models fitted with low radiator. These very early cars were fitted with a number advanced features that were not continued in later examples, this car retains the original Elektron (magnesium alloy) gearbox and brake drums as well as the correct but slightly different exhaust system. There have been a very few subtle upgrades to improve the car, but overall this is exactly as it should be. Over the years this car has been used in a large number of AMOC events to great effect winning numerous concours, race and hill climb events - including winning the prestigious St John Horsfall trophy in 1971. The car comes with a detailed history file. One not to miss!
A test drive is highly recommended. Please contact Robert for more details.
There are no any price changes yet
Chassis # DB4/C/1061/R Engine # 370/948 Now finished in Silver Sand with Burgundy leather trim, this fantastic example we are proud to offer has undergone a comprehensive body-off restoration undertaken by Bodylines and Spraytec, whilst also having a variety of upgrades sympathetically incorporated such as increasing the engine capacity to 4.0 litres, converting the cylinder head to accept unlead
Rolls Royce Balmoral Green, Having only covered 14,000 miles from new and this car is in immaculate condition. Benefitting from the upgraded V580X engine, 48mm Weber carburettors and enhanced wheels bodywork, this ‘X-Pack’ is a very proper motor car.The model is further enhanced with a Nardi steering wheel, the original Blaupunkt radio, a sports exhaust, original tool kit, warning triangle an
Silver Birch, Originally belonging to author Len Deighton, this particular DB6 is one of only 38 built. This is one of the 21 cars which had automatic transmission from new, but has now been converted to the more desirable 5 speed ZF manual gearbox format, Service History, 4 seats, Previously finished in light dubonnet metallic with black hide interior and a black power hood, it has since been res
This DB2/4 was supplied new by Messrs Grosvenor Garage to a Mr Edward Holbrook Franks, and registered UNF 444. Within the history folder of the car is an old-style continuation log book issued in 1971. This indicates a further four owners, two of which were garages, before being acquired by Peter Hepworth, of Hepworth Pistons, towards the end of the seventies. He commissioned a restoration by rec
For many years, the Aston Martin Series III V8 with the S spec engine has been the car to covet and it remains so. Like many Aston Martin V8 Saloons, this car has had a number of owners and we are indebted to the current owner for his research and therefore being able to identify those changes of keeper. The astonishing fact is that the simple record of “12 previous keepers” shrinks when you
The Works Team Aston Martin car known as “LM3” belongs to a highly select group of just seven bespoke motorcars made by the best craftsmen at Aston Martin between 1928 and 1931 to compete in international races including Le Mans, where the chassis number designation derived from, as part of the Aston Martin Works Team. The Company director A.C. “Bert” Bertelli raced LM3 himself. He was
Following on from the highly successful 1 ½ litre cars, Aston-Martin changed to producing 2 litre cars in 1936. The 15/98 model was designed as a collaboration between Aston-Martins long serving designer Claude Hill and R G Sutherland. The 15/98 is a four cylinder, single overhead camshaft design as per the 1 ½ litre cars but with the flow of the head reversed and with wet sump lubrication. A
Introduced in 1934, the Mark II was Aston-Martin’s replacement for the Le Mans model. It sported a new stronger chassis and an improved engine with counter-balanced crankshaft. Originally available in either short or long wheelbase versions, the shorter version is mechanically virtually identical to the famous Ulster racing car, one of which came 3rd overall at the Le Mans 24 hour race in 1935